R/V Falkor (too) hosts a Conductivity, Temperature, and Depth (CTD) rosette system for characterizing physical and chemical parameters of the ocean. It carries a Sea-Bird Electronics 911plus CTD system on a rosette carrying 24 twelve-liter Niskin Bottles. CTD sensor configurations are customized for each cruise requesting CTD use and may include:
- Two temperature sensors (SBE 4)
- Two conductivity sensors (SBE 3+)
- Two dissolved oxygen sensors (SBE 43)
- Fluorometer (chlorophyll a)/Turbidity Meter (WetLabs ECO FLNTUD)
- Transmissometer (WetLabs C-star)
- PAR sensor (Biospherical QSP-2350)
- Pumps, plumbing and bottle tripping carousel necessary for the proper functioning of the sensors and Niskin Bottles.
- Bottles come standard with epoxy coated springs and buna-N O-rings.
All sensors, except the PAR sensor, are rated to 6800 meters. The PAR sensor is limited to 2000 meters.
Niskin bottle petcock barbs are for ⅜” ID tubing.