Expressions of interest shall include one cover page and no more than 2 pages of body text typed in single-spaced 12 point font, including any figures, tables, references, and any other supplementary materials. Electronic submissions in MS Word and PDF format will be accepted in email at email@example.com or submit online through December 28, 2018. Upon the email submission, please provide the basic application details through this on-line survey form.
- Expressions of interest (EoIs) shall include one cover page and no more than 2 pages of body text
- EoIs should be typed in single-spaced 12 point font, including any figures, tables, references, and any other supplementary materials.
- One page limit
- State the full project title at the top of page, in bold
- List the names and affiliations of all Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs
- List key fields of development and/or research pertinent to the proposed project
- Identify the organization that will host the project (if applicable)
- State the organization’s name and location
- Indicate if the organization has a for-profit, non-profit, or educational status
- Indicate the expected project duration and total amount of financial support requested
- Two pages limit
- What are the goals of the project?
- What is the intended scale of this project’s environmental and social impacts?
- What innovations, software, data sets, designs, and/or best practices will this project produce?
- Who will be the key users of the resulting innovations?
- What is the anticipated scale of adoption?
- What applied demonstrations are proposed to encourage uptake?
- What is the tentative project plan?
- Describe the anticipated project timeline
- Describe key milestones, e.g. development, testing, trials, applied demonstrations etc.
- Please note that Schmidt Ocean Institute does not give grants to fund scientific activities (e.g. focused on the understanding of natural processes or phenomena), however, technical R&D and demonstrations of scalable, cost-efficient, and data-driven capabilities, workflows, platforms, software, etc. can be supported through contracts.
- What services and support from Schmidt Ocean Institute will be leveraged?
- What new software, data, and other intellectual property (IP) will be generated? How will the resulting new intellectual property (if any) be managed to maximize the benefits to the environment and society?
- How will the progress and outcomes of this project be communicated to the public and target user communities?
- Does this proposal build on any other current efforts? If so, are any parts of this project already funded? How efficiently will SOI’s support be used?
- Provide the names and e-mail addresses of 4-5 suggested non-conflicted reviewers
- How significant are the implications of the proposed project:
- for advancing the conservation of coral reefs and related ecosystems?
- for the society?
- How much will the proposed initiative improve upon the state of the art in scalable, cost-efficient ecosystem conservation?
- Is this project likely to stimulate broad adoption of any resulting innovations?
- What is the quality of the proposed project plan?
- Is it sensible and appropriate to the identified project goals?
- How well does it address the project goals?
- What is the quality of the data and IP management plans:
- Are they efficient, comprehensive, and with the project goals and plan?
- Are they in the best interests of the environment and society?
- How well will the project leverage the available and anticipated new data?
- How effectively and timely will the progress and outcomes of this project be interpreted and communicated to the public?
- Are any new methods of data and knowledge interpretation being proposed as part of the communications and outreach program? Are they likely to have a beneficial effect?